I won £34million lotto jackpot – but I still went into WORK the next day

A LUCKY man who won a £34million lottery jackpot decided to postpone his celebrations and go into work the next day.The New South Wales local became Australia’s biggest individual lottery winner after netting half of the massive $126.6million (£68million) Powerball draw.
2The man scooped the huge prize in the Powerball draw
The multi-million-dollar winning entry was not registered, which meant officials from The Lott couldn’t contact the winner last night, reports 7News.
Described as a “down to earth” father, the middle-aged man checked his ticket this morning, prompting wild celebrations.
“Oh mate! It’s unbelievable!” he cried.
“It’s like a dream come true. I just never thought I’d win like this.
“I just checked my ticket earlier this morning. I scanned it on the app. I just couldn’t believe it.
“It came up as division one! Oh mate, it’s huge!
Most read in Money
“Happy days!”
The lucky winner said he had already started creating a wish-list of things to buy before unbelievably saying he was going into work.
“A red sports car, a new house, holidays, you name it. I also really want to look after my family,” he said.
He added: “It’s funny as I’ve been watching the news all morning, and they were saying someone’s won Powerball in Coffs Harbour. I’m sitting here thinking, “I can’t believe that winner is me!”.
‘I’m going to have a weekend of celebrations with my family, but I still have to work today.”
His winning entry was purchased at Coff Harbour with the exact prize money standing at an astonishing $63,309,056.98.
The other half of the mega prize pool went to a syndicate who reside in the West Australian mining town of Kalgoorlie.
The news spread like wildfire through the tight-knit community after the agency that organised the syndicate, CityNews Kalgoorlie, posted a shocked message to Facebook, ‘F***, we did it!’
They each put in $100 but never believed they would strike lucky.
One winner said: “I went out to the car to check my ticket and I started screaming … I’m still in shock.”